Sunday, October 30, 2005

Blue Days

It's been rough the past few days. Got my first midterm back on Friday... didn't look too good.

Today, I've been messing up left and right, forgetting things here and there. Getting stressed out, wondering how I'm going to make it through to Dec. 21. Feeling whiny and ungrateful, more than a little bratty. In the library, wanting to scream because I finally arrived here, only to find that I can't plug my computer in because the adapter for my power cord has fallen off, and American outlets weren't made for Korean power cords. Why did I buy my computer in Korea again?

But then again, the past few days haven't been entirely without little moments of grace. Holding a 7-month old with the thickest mop of hair I've ever seen on a baby. Seeing a room full of friends for a bday party with good food and good wine.

Today, as I was driving to school, I popped in a CD that a new friend made me. Learning the words to one of the songs, I found myself singing about being still and knowing that He's God.

And life moves on... but for a second I can be still.

Comments:
God is good. Keep your head up Iris.
 
You're pretty cool to me!
 
so, if u want some secular music, gimme a holla
 
hi iris!! its susanna...your elementary gymnastics buddy :) how are you? found your xanga on sam's xangasite. small world
 
siri: hook it up sista

susanna: hey girl! long time... it IS a small world. sam told me that you guys were friends... :) we need to meet up!
 
that's a newsboys song right? stay strong lil' Iris! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?