Monday, October 17, 2005

Food and Diamonds Don't Mix

Something occurred to me as I was watching "In Her Shoes" this weekend: when did hiding engagement rings in food become so popular, and why??

I was discussing this with a friend over the weekend, and I came to the conclusion that I definitely don't want my future husband (if there's one out there) to stick my 3 carat diamond (HAHA... what?) in my dinner (no offense J).

I guess I understand the surprise factor, but I just don't get it. So if the ring is in, say, a glass of champagne, isn't it awkward to have to 1) fish it out of the glass, and 2) wear a wet, sticky ring on your finger (or wipe it off first)? Kinda takes away from the moment, if you ask me. Or what if it's in food, like in the movie? I'm sorry, but I do NOT want to see my 4 carat diamond on the tail of a shrimp. And if it's in a dessert? Nope... don't want to see my 5 carats embedded in chocolate and whipped cream, either.

So then, you might ask (or you might not give a damn, but I'll tell you anyway), how do I want to be proposed to? I don't really know, but I think I'd appreciate something funny. Or something that just he and I would understand, much like the rest of our relationship. I guess I don't really know because I don't know him yet, but I do know that I hope it's not something I've seen in a movie (or a fairy tale) before.

And I'm kidding about the 3,4,5 carats. 2.75 will do just fine. =D

Comments:
You may have to work out a little bit, otherwise you won't be able to drag that iceberg around.
 
with a 2.75 carat ring, you'd better not be walking around too much in downtown....you may get your finger chopped off. you know...CZ ain't so bad...actually, if you're asking for a 5 ct, I think those ring pops aren't too bad either.
 
HAHAHA. my ring was on top of a chocolate cake...But only because it has a special meaning for us (or more specifically me). Surprisingly, it was not all messy or covered in frosting. It was perfectly clean and nestled on a delectable milk chocolate flower so it's not always messy!
DId you know a 3 carat ring from tiffany costs over 300k? hehe
 
sorry J, i wasn't trying to hate on your proposal... i actually think what P did was really sweet & romantic(esp because he cooked everything himself). =) and if the ring was clean, even better. =D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?