Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Red Velvet for Mama Roe
I think my mom will want to do bad things to me tomorrow morning when she wakes up and sees the kitchen. I made a batch of red velvet cupcakes to take to small group tomorrow night and the kitchen is... umm... sort of disorganized. Luckily, I will be gone by the time she wakes up and doubly luckily, the cleaning ladies are coming tomorrow. =D
For those of you who read my old site, y'all know what Mama Roe is like... sort of. But dude, I swear the older I get, the lamer I get and the cooler Mama Roe gets. She keeps jacking my new Pumas, she plans our family lunches at Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles and last month she called me to ask me how to get to the Dresden (one of the LA bar/clubs featured in Swingers). @#*&^$!!!
The Dresden thing (lest you pervs-- yes, this means YOU-- out there misunderstand) is NOT because she goes clubbing EVER, but because she's really good friends with this 30-something nurse at the hospital (we'll call her D). D moved away and last month she had a farewell/bday dinner at the Dresden and I guess Mama Roe felt obligated to go. She called me and asked me how to get there but I got kind of disgusted. Then she asked me if I wanted to go, and I got really disgusted. So I told her I had to hang up, but before I did I told her she'd better be sure to be home by 11.
Man... it's just not right.
For those of you who read my old site, y'all know what Mama Roe is like... sort of. But dude, I swear the older I get, the lamer I get and the cooler Mama Roe gets. She keeps jacking my new Pumas, she plans our family lunches at Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles and last month she called me to ask me how to get to the Dresden (one of the LA bar/clubs featured in Swingers). @#*&^$!!!
The Dresden thing (lest you pervs-- yes, this means YOU-- out there misunderstand) is NOT because she goes clubbing EVER, but because she's really good friends with this 30-something nurse at the hospital (we'll call her D). D moved away and last month she had a farewell/bday dinner at the Dresden and I guess Mama Roe felt obligated to go. She called me and asked me how to get there but I got kind of disgusted. Then she asked me if I wanted to go, and I got really disgusted. So I told her I had to hang up, but before I did I told her she'd better be sure to be home by 11.
Man... it's just not right.
Comments:
<< Home
That's freaking hilarious. Your delivery of the story is spot on. I'm trying to imagine my mom going to a club and now I want to cry.
dude, your mom sounds like fun. my mom's a bonified geek/nerd. In no time at all, your roles will be reversed and you'll be changing her diapers. Funny how the cycle of life works.
1. If she takes one pair of your pumas, don't you have another pair that you can wear that's almost the same, just different colors?
2. Why is it disgusting that your mom goings clubbing? You should really go with her one of these days, she's a firecracker!
Post a Comment
2. Why is it disgusting that your mom goings clubbing? You should really go with her one of these days, she's a firecracker!
<< Home

