Thursday, October 13, 2005
Weird Chronicles
I come across a lot of people that make me want to just stop and say, "Dude, are you for real?" This happened to me a lot this past week. Actually, it happens a lot in general... I think on AngryAsianMan.com., the dude chronicles all the racist stuff he comes across and ends each time with, "That's racist!" I'm gonna take a page from his book.
Lemme just give you a few for instances:
For instance #1:
I was writing an email in class when I found someone in my vicinity looking over my shoulder and reading my email with an odd smile on his/her face. I guess that's not that weird, but here's what is: when he/she saw me see her/him, he/she just kept reading like it was nothing.
That's weird!
For instance #2:
I was driving with someone in the car and that person happened to hear Tree63 on my CD player. He/she asked, "Is that Christian music?" I replied in the affirmative, to which he/she said, "That's... cool... but haven't you ever heard of Linkin Park? Everyone needs a little Linkin Park." Uhh... wha?
That's weird!
Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying this is bad stuff or these are bad people. It's just stuff that makes me hear the Weas... I mean, Eric laugh in my head-- the one that goes, "Heheh... weird!"
Coincidentally, tonight's Bible study was about loving flawed people and those who are generally difficult to love... I think you can see that I'm definitely one of those flawed people. But, I also think God sends these weird encounters to challenge me to open my heart to love counter-intuitively, and not show favoritism. And from the steady stream of encounters, I guess I really need the message pounded into my head.
Lemme just give you a few for instances:
For instance #1:
I was writing an email in class when I found someone in my vicinity looking over my shoulder and reading my email with an odd smile on his/her face. I guess that's not that weird, but here's what is: when he/she saw me see her/him, he/she just kept reading like it was nothing.
That's weird!
For instance #2:
I was driving with someone in the car and that person happened to hear Tree63 on my CD player. He/she asked, "Is that Christian music?" I replied in the affirmative, to which he/she said, "That's... cool... but haven't you ever heard of Linkin Park? Everyone needs a little Linkin Park." Uhh... wha?
That's weird!
Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying this is bad stuff or these are bad people. It's just stuff that makes me hear the Weas... I mean, Eric laugh in my head-- the one that goes, "Heheh... weird!"
Coincidentally, tonight's Bible study was about loving flawed people and those who are generally difficult to love... I think you can see that I'm definitely one of those flawed people. But, I also think God sends these weird encounters to challenge me to open my heart to love counter-intuitively, and not show favoritism. And from the steady stream of encounters, I guess I really need the message pounded into my head.
Comments:
<< Home
nice! Roedawg back in the mix... Who needs angryasianman.com when we can enjoy the insightful postings of iyroe.blogspot.com?
That laugh you're hearing in your head doesn't even exist! You must be insane. It's ok though, I still got love for ya.
Post a Comment
<< Home

