Thursday, November 17, 2005

What If?

This morning I was daydreaming... if I could do it all over again (not that I regret how things have gone, or that I don't like where I am now), I would apply myself as much in college as I am in law school. I might have chosen to be a linguistics major, tried to learn 5 different languages (or at least two aside from Korean), and become a government interpreter. THAT would be a cool job. And which languages? Hmm... probably Chinese and maybe French (so that I could work for Interpol).

If not an interpreter, I think it would be really interesting to be an academic and become a leading expert on some country in the Eastern bloc (like Romania) and join the CIA. And no, this isn't borne of some Sidney Bristow (Briscoe?) fantasies... I've never actually watched Alias. I just think that being a spy would be pretty bad ass... and if I couldn't be a spy, I'd settle for being cool by association by working with them. =)

But alas, these are just the fantasies that I rely on to remove me from Rains, or Donovan, or whatever other lecture hall I happen to be sitting in. And like I said before, it's not that I'm unhappy. I love where I'm at and what I'm doing... but a girl can always dream...

Comments:
I still have those "what if" moments.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?