Sunday, December 04, 2005

Crash Dummy

I don't know when or how I became so accident prone, but instead of becoming more graceful over the years, I seem to be getting more and more clumsy.

In college I earned the nickname Clavie Smurf (Clavie after Cliff Clavin b/c of his random knowledge) because I once spilled ink all over my hands and had blue hands for about a week after.

A few weeks ago, I fell flat on my ass with my foot into a puddle of scummy water while trying to pull my backpack out of my car. I had a bruised butt for about a week after.

Yesterday was truly a crash dummy day. Two unfortunate mishaps:

1) Running late for a wedding, I was waiting behind another car on a freeway off-ramp when my slippery shoe slid off the brake. My car rolled forward, the other car stayed put, and there was a sickening crunch as my front bumper kissed his rear bumper hello. I can't afford a car accident. =(

2) Saying goodbye to some friends after a night of studying, I was leaning over a rail in the parking garage. As I backed up to go to my own car, I was reminded that I was standing right in front of a parking block as it tripped me up and I went sprawling face first onto the concrete floor. One of the few moments in my life where I truly didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I'm sure the fall was pure comedy for the people that saw (at least it was when I pictured it in my head), but my skinned palm really hurt.


It gets worse: I lost my flash drive the other day.

The bright side: I found a new 1GB flash drive at Best Buy for only $50.

And even better: I finished all my outlines yesterday, despite the wedding and car accident. I was afraid I would have to use other people's outlines because I wouldn't be done with mine in time, but I powered through and now I have my own full set.

Hooray for small victories. ^^v (How fobby is that?)

Comments:
the other month i was backing up out of an alley and i ran into a biker and knocked him down.

on another occasion i ran into a little boy on a bike who was crossing the street.

on multiple occasions i have run into pedestrians crossing the crosswalk.

i should go to hell.
 
I'M STAYING 100 FEET AWAY FROM YOU AT ALL TIMES NOW...BUT NOT SO FAR THAT I CAN'T SEE YOUR BLOOPERS AND LAUGH AT YOU. HAHAHAH.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?