Friday, December 02, 2005

Generation Gap

At my age, my mother...

- was married.
- was pregnant with her first kid (mr. ronald roegan).
- had immigrated to a new country, leaving behind friends, family and even husband (albeit temporarily-- just till he could get a visa).
- had finished all of her schooling and started a career.

I, on the other hand...

- am single and somewhat commitment-phobic, reaching my breaking point somewhere around 17 months.
- can't stop thinking of the phrase, "Babies having babies!" when someone under 30 mentions having kids.
- live at home with said mother, and have only lived away from home for four and half years, and never outside of Cali (unless you count 5 months in Korea... I don't).
- won't be done with school until the ripe old age of 28.

One more significant difference worth mentioning: when she was a student, my mom was probably also able to concentrate and actually study during finals, whereas I (as demonstrated by this post) have an irrepressible urge to dawdle and waste time on the Internet. (I think my mom would call it bbenjil guh ryuh-ing.) (Or maybe not.) (I'm not exactly sure what it means.)

Comments:
Smart people can "bbenjil guh ryuh" and still do fine. =)
 
Yikes. I suffer from the same internet checking syndrome. Maybe I caught it from you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?