Thursday, February 16, 2006
Hodgepodge
I can no longer have any passwords to my aim account on any of my computers. I am not (that) amused.
I have another audition for Jeopardy coming up, but this time it's online. Rough ruff! I should have passed last time. "I'll take Potpourri for $1000, Alex." It comes so naturally!
E laughed at me the other day when I told him the story about having a long term substitute in 9th grade for World History. I was reminded of him because I see him randomly in commercials (he was a struggling actor back then... and I guess still, kinda). Anyway, he was clearly not substituting because of a passion for teaching, and we went through an entire semester without learning a single thing, except (I kid you not) that he had experienced certain sex acts and had thoroughly enjoyed them. Now that I look back on it, I don't understand how he didn't get fired, cuz what the heck kinda teacher tells that stuff to their students??? But, I digress. So I told E how I was really stressed out after awhile because I felt like I wasn't learning anything, and I was really behind all the other 9th graders who were receiving a well-rounded education in World History. He laughed at me. And actually, now that I think about it, I think it's a weird reaction for me to have had because I swear I wasn't that neurotic as a kid. Or that nerdy... or was I?
I think this year is the year that I officially start feeling old. I have 8 weddings to go to this year so far, at least one every month from April to October. Oh, except none in May. Any takers? AND, I just found out that PB and (soon-to-be) hubby are expecting the second bebby in June. =O It's exciting to witness all these blessings in my friends' lives, but also a little scary! I told DK the other day that I was starting to feel grown up, and his reaction was, "Uhhh, hello?? You're in law school, you ARE grown up." BUT, I think as long as I'm in school, I should get to feel like a little kid. Especially as a 1L, which sorta reminds me of freshman year in high school... or better yet, of 1992, when I was a 7th grade scrub. All that's missing is my scrunchy and Keroppi lunchbox.
Anyhoo, back to studying (been slacking lately). Over and out.
P.S. Finally got to see Mamma Mia last night (thanks, bird). So much fun, except Fernando didn't hear the drums last night. I heart ABBA!
I have another audition for Jeopardy coming up, but this time it's online. Rough ruff! I should have passed last time. "I'll take Potpourri for $1000, Alex." It comes so naturally!
E laughed at me the other day when I told him the story about having a long term substitute in 9th grade for World History. I was reminded of him because I see him randomly in commercials (he was a struggling actor back then... and I guess still, kinda). Anyway, he was clearly not substituting because of a passion for teaching, and we went through an entire semester without learning a single thing, except (I kid you not) that he had experienced certain sex acts and had thoroughly enjoyed them. Now that I look back on it, I don't understand how he didn't get fired, cuz what the heck kinda teacher tells that stuff to their students??? But, I digress. So I told E how I was really stressed out after awhile because I felt like I wasn't learning anything, and I was really behind all the other 9th graders who were receiving a well-rounded education in World History. He laughed at me. And actually, now that I think about it, I think it's a weird reaction for me to have had because I swear I wasn't that neurotic as a kid. Or that nerdy... or was I?
I think this year is the year that I officially start feeling old. I have 8 weddings to go to this year so far, at least one every month from April to October. Oh, except none in May. Any takers? AND, I just found out that PB and (soon-to-be) hubby are expecting the second bebby in June. =O It's exciting to witness all these blessings in my friends' lives, but also a little scary! I told DK the other day that I was starting to feel grown up, and his reaction was, "Uhhh, hello?? You're in law school, you ARE grown up." BUT, I think as long as I'm in school, I should get to feel like a little kid. Especially as a 1L, which sorta reminds me of freshman year in high school... or better yet, of 1992, when I was a 7th grade scrub. All that's missing is my scrunchy and Keroppi lunchbox.
Anyhoo, back to studying (been slacking lately). Over and out.
P.S. Finally got to see Mamma Mia last night (thanks, bird). So much fun, except Fernando didn't hear the drums last night. I heart ABBA!
Comments:
<< Home
haha. u beat me by one.....but theres still time to plan weddings by the end of 2006. hehe....
see u soon.
see u soon.
You were also somewhat nerdy in college. I saw you reading Harry Potter as you did tricep curls at the RSF. Actus reus!
wait a few years when you get to go to 11 in a year. these weddings get expensive, and not just for the marrying couple.
woohoo I got mentioned!
Post a Comment
woohoo I got mentioned!
<< Home
