Monday, March 20, 2006

Longest Days

Currently running on about 5 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours, after a week of averaging 3-4 hours a night. This is what I get for trying to do a 20-pg paper, two fellowship applications, move downtown and get everything done before leaving for spring break in Aruba all in one week. I'm BONE TIRED. Hopefully though, this means I'll be knocked out during the 13 hour plane ride (I think it's 13 hours because of a layover).

After this week, I now HATE parades and marathons:

On Friday, it took me nearly 2 hours to get from the Westside to E's apartment during THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY because of a f*(&#@g St. Patrick's day parade. Most of the time I was spinning my wheels in downtown trying to figure out how to navigate around all the blocked roads and one-way streets, and stuck in a long line of drivers who were apparently doing the same thing. The next time I see a bunch of people wearing green marching in formation, I'll be hard put not to throw corned beef and cabbage at them.

Today, it again took us 2 hours to get from the Westside to my new place in downtown/Ktown because of the STUPID LA Marathon. Can somebody PLEASE explain to me the purpose of a marathon?? I cannot for the life of me fathom why you would be compelled to shut off a HUGE network of streets in LA where EVERYONE drives ALL THE TIME so that a bunch of people can get together and run 26 miles. WHY?!?!?! Why can't these people gather in a more remote, rural area and run together there??? It's probably the stupidest thing to run in the streets of LA with all the smog, too... like running 26 miles and smoking 2 packs of cigarettes. And I'm sorry if I sound like a grinch, but it really ain't all that special to me to see a bunch of people run insane distances. Please, go challenge yourself in Bakersfield or something... I promise you it'll be healthier, and people in Bakersfield have nothing to do anyway. They may actually enjoy seeing you limp along on that last mile.

I am a bitter, bitter bug this weekend.

Comments:
is someone talking shit about bakersfield?
 
i feel u on the sleep mang.

coffee is doing wonders for me.
 
You forgot to say how you yelled at all the marathoners to go home. That was funny. You make me laugh, B.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?