Sunday, April 16, 2006
Jesus is the Man!
So we were driving downtown last night, on our way to my birthday dinner (btw, mystery theater is so much fun, even if you don't win!), when we passed a big marquee on a downtown church that read,
"JESUCRISTO ES EL SENOR"
E read it, scratched his head a minute, and the following conversation ensued:
E: Hmmm, that's interesting. I didn't know that Spanish used the same slang as we use in English.
mE: Eh? Whatchoutalkinbout mang?
E: It says, "Jesucristo es el senor." Like, Jesus is THE MAN.
mE: Erm... I'm pretty sure senor in that sense means lord.
E: HAHAHAHAHAHAH. Don't tell anyone about this conversation.
mE: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHA. Of course I won't.
But in retrospect, Jesus is the man, or was the man. And because he was THE man, the perfect man capable of taking all of our iniquities onto His cross, today you and I can say we are free.
Happy Easter, all.
"JESUCRISTO ES EL SENOR"
E read it, scratched his head a minute, and the following conversation ensued:
E: Hmmm, that's interesting. I didn't know that Spanish used the same slang as we use in English.
mE: Eh? Whatchoutalkinbout mang?
E: It says, "Jesucristo es el senor." Like, Jesus is THE MAN.
mE: Erm... I'm pretty sure senor in that sense means lord.
E: HAHAHAHAHAHAH. Don't tell anyone about this conversation.
mE: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHA. Of course I won't.
But in retrospect, Jesus is the man, or was the man. And because he was THE man, the perfect man capable of taking all of our iniquities onto His cross, today you and I can say we are free.
Happy Easter, all.
Comments:
<< Home
HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA
i TOTALLY thought eric was right on this one (rarely happens).
ru SURE it means THE LORD?
i TOTALLY thought eric was right on this one (rarely happens).
ru SURE it means THE LORD?
am i the only one that frequents ur blog (or anyones blog) still?
i feel like im writing comments to myself.
i feel like im writing comments to myself.
no, i read it sometimes too. i like how you just blatantly disregard E's request not to tell anyone about your convo.
Post a Comment
<< Home
