Friday, April 14, 2006
Not a Girl, But Am I Really a Woman?
So I was catching up on my friend's xanga, and saw that she had posted something a few months back:
A Christmas tree is like a woman's age,
Around the 20th to 24th, everyone is interested in getting a tree
On the 25th, everyone surrounds the tree
On the 26th, it is out on the street corner and no one wants it anymore.
I've heard this before, only it was about Christmas presents, and on the 26th they're all half-price. I don't know if I'd rather be on the street corner (except not walking the street corner) where nobody wants me, or if I'd rather be "half-price." I'd like to think I'm priceless, thankyouverymuch.
Anyhow, this is kinda depressing because today is my last day of being 25 (and yes, this is my subtle way of telling y'all that tomorrow's my birthday... hehe, jk). Yesterday, I went to lunch with my aunt who's visiting from Korea, and her friends' kids joined us, too. They were young, all college students from 19-23, and they were like, deeeeeyam!! 26?? Anyhow, one of them asked me if my mom was pressuring me to get married, and I said not really, and he looked at me like, UMMM she should be! (Also, another one asked me, "Noona, are you as smart as they say you are?" Umm... wth am I supposed to say to that?? So I just said they were being nice, and he said, "Yeah, Korean parents do that a lot." =S Funny kid.)
So, back to the analogy... I guess I could be really sad and stuff, but I'm not really. Can't miss what you never had (i.e., everyone surrounding you), and in any case, even if I did have it I wouldn't miss it because I'm more than happy with what I do have (i.e., a man that WON'T throw me out on the corner after tomorrow-- at least, he won't if he knows what's good for him). God has blessed me so much with good family, good friends, and good E, whose horrible lying makes him really endearing, that I don't feel like I'm losing anything by getting older. This past year has been full of so many amazing changes, I think I'm prepared for life after 25 and seeing what He has planned for me this year. Bring it on! *spirit fingers!*
A Christmas tree is like a woman's age,
Around the 20th to 24th, everyone is interested in getting a tree
On the 25th, everyone surrounds the tree
On the 26th, it is out on the street corner and no one wants it anymore.
I've heard this before, only it was about Christmas presents, and on the 26th they're all half-price. I don't know if I'd rather be on the street corner (except not walking the street corner) where nobody wants me, or if I'd rather be "half-price." I'd like to think I'm priceless, thankyouverymuch.
Anyhow, this is kinda depressing because today is my last day of being 25 (and yes, this is my subtle way of telling y'all that tomorrow's my birthday... hehe, jk). Yesterday, I went to lunch with my aunt who's visiting from Korea, and her friends' kids joined us, too. They were young, all college students from 19-23, and they were like, deeeeeyam!! 26?? Anyhow, one of them asked me if my mom was pressuring me to get married, and I said not really, and he looked at me like, UMMM she should be! (Also, another one asked me, "Noona, are you as smart as they say you are?" Umm... wth am I supposed to say to that?? So I just said they were being nice, and he said, "Yeah, Korean parents do that a lot." =S Funny kid.)
So, back to the analogy... I guess I could be really sad and stuff, but I'm not really. Can't miss what you never had (i.e., everyone surrounding you), and in any case, even if I did have it I wouldn't miss it because I'm more than happy with what I do have (i.e., a man that WON'T throw me out on the corner after tomorrow-- at least, he won't if he knows what's good for him). God has blessed me so much with good family, good friends, and good E, whose horrible lying makes him really endearing, that I don't feel like I'm losing anything by getting older. This past year has been full of so many amazing changes, I think I'm prepared for life after 25 and seeing what He has planned for me this year. Bring it on! *spirit fingers!*
Comments:
<< Home
cute poem...
..girls..
are like apples
on trees. the best ones
are at the top of the tree.
the boys dont want to reach
for the good ones because they
are afraid of falling and getting hurt.
instead, they just get the rotten apples
from the ground that aren`t as good,
but easy. so the apples at the top think
something is wrong with them, when in
reality, they`re amazing. they just
have to wait for the right boy to
come along, the one who's
brave enough to
climb all
the way
to the top
of the tree
..girls..
are like apples
on trees. the best ones
are at the top of the tree.
the boys dont want to reach
for the good ones because they
are afraid of falling and getting hurt.
instead, they just get the rotten apples
from the ground that aren`t as good,
but easy. so the apples at the top think
something is wrong with them, when in
reality, they`re amazing. they just
have to wait for the right boy to
come along, the one who's
brave enough to
climb all
the way
to the top
of the tree
I never heard that of the Christmas tree... very interesting.. i woke up today and I swear i had one new wrinkle under my eye.. oh to be 21 again!
keke
keke
I guess God has blessed me with a Christmas Tree that I'll never throw out on the street ... if I know what's good for me. Though that sort of sounds like a veiled threat...
Post a Comment
<< Home
