Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Left my Heart

Just got back from a weekend in SF. Friends, food, shopping, food, old haunts, new landmarks, food, lamb (??) hotpot, oysters and skewers galore, barbeque, gorgeous weather... wonderful weekend all around.

Whenever I go back to the Bay, I'm swept up in a tide of emotions and memories that wash over me. (Does everyone have their own personal SF?) It's a quiet wave, something that I experience on my own and don't usually share with anyone else. Each time I go I see people (or at least the memory of them) and places that have a part of my heart. Most of the time, the reminiscing leaves me high, with a happy humming that I feel from head to toe, but mostly a little up and left of center. But sometimes, it can be dull ache in my throat or a gut wrench, particularly when I think of mistakes and broken hearts (and not only in the romantic sense).

My head and heart were reeling for most of the weekend. And maybe it was all the sun, or food and drinks, or breathing the non-smog-polluted air that affected me so much. Or maybe it was from indulging in an entire weekend of carefree revelry for the first time since school started. Or maybe, just maybe, it was from coming back to where I left my heart.

So... would you like some crackers with that cheese?

Comments:
or maybe ur just in loveee.......

hehe kidding.

drunken siri says we have to move to bay when were done w school!!

im still mad at rick for making me eat that "pork."
 
i'm moving with you!! take me with you please!!! :) i miss the bay too.. -m
 
Why is Siri always drunk? You know you liked the lamb until it messed you up. Come on, admit it. :)

-Gary
 
me too
 
it's because i'm in the bay. you love me...

twas good seeing you again! =)
 
Everyone should relocate. We have plenty of leftover skewers.
 
so whats cracking this wknd?

the yappers will be in town fri nite!
 
that's because the bay beats LA anyday.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?