Saturday, June 17, 2006
It's Been a Long Time
Now that school's out for the summer, I don't have much time to post... too busy actually living my life (and having marathon Entourage-watching sessions On Demand). It's wonderful.
So, there are wedding-related events every single weekend until JMama's big day next month. JMama's bridal shower today, Grin's wedding next weekend, Vegas bachelorette... and the list goes on. Good times. The only sad thing is, E's been working his garbage route overtime, so it seems like he can only take time off for weddings. =( During finals, he won two home-cooked dinners off me from a few games of poker (although I beat him more times than he beat me) but he hasn't had time to collect yet (I made sure to collect from him right away =D). *sigh* I guess that's what happens when you're busy taking over the world one garbage route at a time. Especially first years... they get worked to death. =(
On a brighter note, my summer internship is great. For interested parties, I'm working at a non-profit public interest law center and for a human rights lawyer-- 2 internships in one. In one, I'm getting a lot of public policy experience, learning how to make over the city of LA one urban park at a time, and in the other I'm learning how to sue corporate America for various human rights abuses. Overall, I'm learning how to fight the MAN. *Raising my fist* I wonder where I'll be next year-- learning how to submit to the MAN in exchange for a fat salary? In a lot of ways, I hope not, but man... I got bills to pay, yo. Grad school ain't cheap. I guess I'll just have to wait and see where God directs me.
Lastly, since I'm a comments whore and pictures seem to garner the most, here are some for your viewing pleasure from the lovely L&L wedding this past weekend.

Me and Mr. Sanitation.

Em's so purty...
More.
So, there are wedding-related events every single weekend until JMama's big day next month. JMama's bridal shower today, Grin's wedding next weekend, Vegas bachelorette... and the list goes on. Good times. The only sad thing is, E's been working his garbage route overtime, so it seems like he can only take time off for weddings. =( During finals, he won two home-cooked dinners off me from a few games of poker (although I beat him more times than he beat me) but he hasn't had time to collect yet (I made sure to collect from him right away =D). *sigh* I guess that's what happens when you're busy taking over the world one garbage route at a time. Especially first years... they get worked to death. =(
On a brighter note, my summer internship is great. For interested parties, I'm working at a non-profit public interest law center and for a human rights lawyer-- 2 internships in one. In one, I'm getting a lot of public policy experience, learning how to make over the city of LA one urban park at a time, and in the other I'm learning how to sue corporate America for various human rights abuses. Overall, I'm learning how to fight the MAN. *Raising my fist* I wonder where I'll be next year-- learning how to submit to the MAN in exchange for a fat salary? In a lot of ways, I hope not, but man... I got bills to pay, yo. Grad school ain't cheap. I guess I'll just have to wait and see where God directs me.
Lastly, since I'm a comments whore and pictures seem to garner the most, here are some for your viewing pleasure from the lovely L&L wedding this past weekend.
Me and Mr. Sanitation.
Em's so purty...
More.
Comments:
<< Home
i love that pix of you and e... hehehe.... i should be a professional photographer!!! :) not enough weekends in the month.. geez.. - m
What constitutes as corporate human rights abuses? Does working someone more than 10 hours a day count? Or how about not keeping the coffee machine warm? Or do you have to hire a mercenary team to murder a small village of women and children in sub-saharan africa in the search of conflict diamonds?
And when will you join the rest of us xanganians?
-gh
Oh, and how about just Babels since it's so confusing? As in the tower of...
And when will you join the rest of us xanganians?
-gh
Oh, and how about just Babels since it's so confusing? As in the tower of...
after looking at the top pic, i jus wanna smash ur guys heads together
no i am not weird and i am not mean.
no i am not weird and i am not mean.
i want a flaming gay personal assistant to boss around like ari
also, i think you'd be great at making those white collar bastards pay for being the verminous, blood-sucking bottom-feeder of humankind. shut it down, iroe! shut it down!
michelangelo baenorotti
also, i think you'd be great at making those white collar bastards pay for being the verminous, blood-sucking bottom-feeder of humankind. shut it down, iroe! shut it down!
michelangelo baenorotti
hey, i'm so excited for you and the human rights (fighting the MAN) stuff! right on!
and remember -- it's not the MAN that gives you the money to pay the bills, regardless of who you're employed by. and all the money in the world is still entirely at the disposal of the BIG holy PERSON ... gotta trust, sis, gotta trust ... blessings :)
Post a Comment
and remember -- it's not the MAN that gives you the money to pay the bills, regardless of who you're employed by. and all the money in the world is still entirely at the disposal of the BIG holy PERSON ... gotta trust, sis, gotta trust ... blessings :)
<< Home

