Sunday, December 03, 2006
Eavesdropping at Borders
BBQchips and I decided to hide from the internet today and study at Borders in Pasadena.
I was in line, waiting to buy some hand lotion, when I overheard a conversation between a little girl and her mother. The little girl was maybe about 10 years old.
Mom (reading a card): Reach for the moon; even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Daughter: Actually, that's scientifically incorrect because the stars are farther away than the moon.
My reaction: What a creepy little kid (yes, I'm a hater). She'd make a great lawyer someday.
I was in line, waiting to buy some hand lotion, when I overheard a conversation between a little girl and her mother. The little girl was maybe about 10 years old.
Mom (reading a card): Reach for the moon; even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Daughter: Actually, that's scientifically incorrect because the stars are farther away than the moon.
My reaction: What a creepy little kid (yes, I'm a hater). She'd make a great lawyer someday.
Comments:
<< Home
My reaction: She's totally right and they screwed up the card. The saying is: "Shoot for the stars and even if you miss, you'll hit the moon." That little kid reminds me of me.
Stupid little girl. Assuming velocity is greater than the expansion rate of the universe, the universe is curved, and no collision with either the outter planets or anything in the oort cloud you WILL hit the stars. Damn California's educational system.
-gh
Post a Comment
-gh
<< Home
