Saturday, December 09, 2006
I took a teeny study break tonight to watch Blood Diamond. (I justified it by thinking it's like studying human rights law.)
Let it be memorialized here, lest I try to change my mind later: No diamond engagement rings for me, please.
(It's a good thing blogs can be deleted.)
(Just kidding.)
(No, really, just kidding.)
School and the year and half that it's encompassed have been about learning how petty /greedy/selfish I am... realizing what is worth so much more to me than material wealth or worldly success...
I've been constantly told that people come to law school full of idealistic hopes and foolish aspirations to do good, but graduate content just to do well.* I'm blessed to have had professors and fellow students who know what good really is and are not shy about teaching me, because they are good. They are few and far between, but through God's graces I manage to find my way to them.
So, once again: Am I a woman of conviction?
I certainly hope so.
*Disclaimer: This is not to say that people who do well for themselves are not good. My friends who do well for themselves are some of the good-est people I know. =)
Let it be memorialized here, lest I try to change my mind later: No diamond engagement rings for me, please.
(It's a good thing blogs can be deleted.)
(Just kidding.)
(No, really, just kidding.)
School and the year and half that it's encompassed have been about learning how petty /greedy/selfish I am... realizing what is worth so much more to me than material wealth or worldly success...
I've been constantly told that people come to law school full of idealistic hopes and foolish aspirations to do good, but graduate content just to do well.* I'm blessed to have had professors and fellow students who know what good really is and are not shy about teaching me, because they are good. They are few and far between, but through God's graces I manage to find my way to them.
So, once again: Am I a woman of conviction?
I certainly hope so.
*Disclaimer: This is not to say that people who do well for themselves are not good. My friends who do well for themselves are some of the good-est people I know. =)