Monday, January 15, 2007
Baby, It's Cold Inside
It's FREAKING COLD inside our apartment, and LA's recent cold snap ain't helping. Our apartment is so cold that...
An ice cube fell out of the freezer and never melted. It's probably still sitting there, but I'm afraid to check.
We no longer need to put our drinks in the refrigerator to chill them. Beer gets ice cold sitting on our kitchen table.
I either cover the toilet seat with TP or hover because I don't like shocking my butt on the cold cold ceramic.
I go outdoors when I want to warm up.
I can see my breath when I talk.
After I take a shower, my hair gets crunchy... not from styling products, but because the water in my hair has turned to ice.
My space heater feels like it's blowing cold air, because it can only do so much in arctic conditions.
Hot water turns cold on its way from the spout to my head/hands/feet.
The school library is starting to sound like a welcome respite from my apartment.
I made macaroons and left them in the kitchen; when I tried to bite into one the other day, I almost broke my tooth on the macsicle.
Ok, perhaps I'm a bit prone to hyperbole. But DAMN, it's cold.
*P.S. It's been awhile. Hi. Happy New Year!
An ice cube fell out of the freezer and never melted. It's probably still sitting there, but I'm afraid to check.
We no longer need to put our drinks in the refrigerator to chill them. Beer gets ice cold sitting on our kitchen table.
I either cover the toilet seat with TP or hover because I don't like shocking my butt on the cold cold ceramic.
I go outdoors when I want to warm up.
I can see my breath when I talk.
After I take a shower, my hair gets crunchy... not from styling products, but because the water in my hair has turned to ice.
My space heater feels like it's blowing cold air, because it can only do so much in arctic conditions.
Hot water turns cold on its way from the spout to my head/hands/feet.
The school library is starting to sound like a welcome respite from my apartment.
I made macaroons and left them in the kitchen; when I tried to bite into one the other day, I almost broke my tooth on the macsicle.
Ok, perhaps I'm a bit prone to hyperbole. But DAMN, it's cold.
*P.S. It's been awhile. Hi. Happy New Year!
Comments:
<< Home
i should yell at you for complaining about the cold when it was -2 degrees F yesterday for me...but i'm actually kinda glad winter finally hit...so i am actually entertained and laugh at your antics...how cold is it in LA for all that stuff to be happening???
Post a Comment
<< Home

