Wednesday, January 31, 2007
TrashTV
How is it that MTV's new show, Maui Fever, is about the one state where white folk are the minority, yet only features white people, almost all of whom are blonde?
MTV's some bullshit, man. Everytime I turn to it, there's yet another show on about spoiled, rich, (mostly blonde) white kids spending their daddies' money. And what kills me the most is that they all talk about how much they deserve $100K parties. Why?? Someone please explain to me what a 16 year-old has done to deserve cars, cash and boatloads of material goods. Did any of them discover a cure for cancer that I failed to hear about??
And if it's not a show about rich blonde folk, then it's a show poking fun of fat kids (think FAT CAMP) or a freak showcase of people that are struggling with issues that are way too complex to be addressed by the likes of MTV (think TRUE LIFE).
And, what the hell happened to the MUSIC???
I think MTV used to have a social conscience. Now all it has is a bottom line.
MTV used to have its finger on the pulse of America's youth. Now all it does is show the ugliest side of the younger generation. MTV, you traitor.
Screw you, MTV. I'm boycotting.
MTV's some bullshit, man. Everytime I turn to it, there's yet another show on about spoiled, rich, (mostly blonde) white kids spending their daddies' money. And what kills me the most is that they all talk about how much they deserve $100K parties. Why?? Someone please explain to me what a 16 year-old has done to deserve cars, cash and boatloads of material goods. Did any of them discover a cure for cancer that I failed to hear about??
And if it's not a show about rich blonde folk, then it's a show poking fun of fat kids (think FAT CAMP) or a freak showcase of people that are struggling with issues that are way too complex to be addressed by the likes of MTV (think TRUE LIFE).
And, what the hell happened to the MUSIC???
I think MTV used to have a social conscience. Now all it has is a bottom line.
MTV used to have its finger on the pulse of America's youth. Now all it does is show the ugliest side of the younger generation. MTV, you traitor.
Screw you, MTV. I'm boycotting.